-
April 1st, 2005, 01:13 PM
#11
Inactive Member
I think it would be a nice idea to change the site to an all grandia related site. since adding support for Grandia III (a game all of us would like for sure, it only needs to be a little similar to Grandia II, and in some parts, it already is) So, i think that adding (a little late, but it's better than never) place to Grandia and Grandia III would be a good step for the site.
-
April 1st, 2005, 10:04 PM
#12
HB Forum Owner
Thanks everybody for your opinions, they're valuable. The poll is still open, so if you haven't voted yet you can still do so. If things keep going this way we'd do 2 (over 75% of votes). However, I hope you realize I'll need a mid-level HTML (no CSS) coder to maintain the old Granaboard website. I hope some of you have the skill. I can also teach anybody who's willing to learn it; it's pretty simple.
-
April 1st, 2005, 10:18 PM
#13
Senior Hostboard Member
I have little understanding of HTML, but i'd be happy to learn it and help out if need be.
-
April 1st, 2005, 10:34 PM
#14
HB Forum Owner
Thanks! You're my #1 candidate ^_^.
-
April 3rd, 2005, 07:24 AM
#15
Inactive Member
Option 2 or 3 would be good in my opinion, I could help out with option too, so yeah. 2 or 3!
-
April 4th, 2005, 04:09 AM
#16
Inactive Member
With Option 3 I see the most growth in the future. Heck I may not post a lot but I sure as hell read a lot of the forum. I say go option 3 but as long as you have full say and control over what happens with everything.
-
April 4th, 2005, 12:26 PM
#17
Inactive Member
Count on me if you need something for HTML design and optimized graphics.
-
April 12th, 2005, 09:16 PM
#18
HB Forum Owner
Thanks! Your help is very much appreciated.
I've been thinking over it during the past few days and this is what I think I would like to do:
- Keep maintaining the board together with Xellos and Nevan
- Open Proto Omega for fuck's sake, and dedicate myself to it
- Move part of the content of the GB website -rules, member's articles, about pages, and news- to Proto Omega
- Add support for both Grandia 1 and Grandia 3 contents
- Use another FTP server for some contents because GeoCities would get full
- Use a GMail address for submissions
- And then, I would need a veteran member of the Granaboard with knowledge of HTML (or willing to learn) to upload Granaboard submissions (PΩ are handled automatically).
- In the future, I'd add the other features I wanted for PΩ. But the site is functional right now, and it's a shame not to use it as it is.
This will take a while because I have first to get PΩ running and I'm far too busy to find a host (it's hard to believe how much time does this consume), so stay tuned.
-
April 12th, 2005, 10:15 PM
#19
Senior Hostboard Member
I see. Thats an awful lot to do! Well tell us if you find anything. I'll keep a look out too.
<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ April 12, 2005 07:15 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>
-
April 17th, 2005, 01:46 PM
#20
HB Forum Owner
We have decided to go for option 2. I'll create a new thread to discuss the future of the Granaboard website shortly.
Before I get to that, I'd like to further comment some posts in this thread:
????
IRT OCB: 16 years old = lolikon
Don't care. The new rule is against "depictions of ch?ld pron0graphy". If this character, whatever its completely arbitrary age is set to, looks adult enough, it's ok. Likewise, we're not accepting a loli with a label reading "she's 40 years old". I think we can keep our hentai section with this formula.
To hit, or not to hit
I'd hit it, but let me know what character are you talking about (lol).
????
IRT Dreamer: While it'd be a nice idea to cooperate with other G2-3 fans, and communicate with other sites, it may also lead to losing our freedom in this board.
Don't worry, we wouldn't make the same mistake of years ago. The idea was to make it clear the board is ours and its rules are written and maintained by me.
However, we're going for option 2.
????
IRT OCB: Come to think of it, you never did add a section for Grandia 1.
Mainly because I haven't finished the game. But I'm going to address this issue, look for the new thread.
????
IRT Melfice: I think it would be a nice idea to change the site to an all grandia related site
Will do
????
IRT Cata: I have little understanding of HTML, but i'd be happy to learn it and help out if need be.
IRT Zeratul: Option 2 or 3 would be good in my opinion, I could help out with option too, so yeah. 2 or 3!
IRT Melfice: Count on me if you need something for HTML design and optimized graphics.
Thanks! Look for the new thread, where you can reiterate or retract and join the upcoming Granaboard administration team to take care of the site.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks